Do I really need to consider a group health insurance plan for my company?
Do I really need to consider employee benefits in Dallas for my employees? The answer is generally yes! In part, this is due to the mandate via the Affordable Care Act that requires employers with more than 50 full-time employees to either provide a plan to the employees or pay a fine. For companies with less than 50 employees, providing small group health insurance in Dallas is also a very common benefit that helps employers attract and retain quality employees.
Sheley Benefits is the right choice for your Dallas group health insurance broker. We will help you find the best employee benefits for your business and your employees. Click here to read more about Sheley Benefits.
What are the benefits for implementing a group health insurance plan?
The following are some reasons why you should consider a Dallas group health insurance plan for your business:
- It will help you attract and retain more qualified employees. In today’s marketplace, employees have come to expect employee benefits.
- MUCH better access to care because of significantly larger physician and hospital networks. This is particularly true in Texas where all of the individual plans are now HMO only with significantly reduced networks of physicians and hospitals. Further, these individual HMO plans have become very expensive.
- The premiums paid by the company are fully tax deductible.
- If the plan is properly implemented, the portion of the premium paid by the employees are tax deductible for them.
- Businesses can get better rates for coverage than individuals.
- A healthy workforce is a more productive workforce. It’s plain and simple. Employees with health insurance are out sick from work fewer days, and continue working.
Click here for an article from the Houston Chronicle that provides more information for implementing a group health plan.
The rules for small group versus large group health insurance plans are very different!
It is critical to understand if your employee group is considered a large group or a small group as defined by the Affordable Care Act. The products and the rules vary greatly between the two. For example, if you fall into the large group health insurance category, you are required to provide health insurance coverage under very strict guidelines. A competent Dallas employee benefits broker like Sheley Benefits can help you navigate the complex world of employee benefits.
If you fall in the small group health insurance category, then you are not even required to offer coverage. But if you do, there are participation rules as well as premium share rules that must be followed. The links below will provide more information to help you determine if your company would qualify for Dallas large group health insurance or Dallas small group health insurance.
Sheley Benefits is a leading Dallas employee benefits broker. We have over 30 years of experience in helping business owners navigate the murky waters of Dallas group health insurance. It is a complex world and we can help. Let us be your Benefits Partner!
If you would like more information, please go to our Contact page and let us know how we can help.